While we'll never be as good a Google, I think that the idea of being able to control what you search and how you search it is going to change the way we approach our jobs.
As a AskUsNow participant, there are websites out there that I go to on a regular basis to assist customers. I've definitely developed a preference. Rollyo allows you to develop and maintain that list of "preferred" websites.
I like that you can tailor your search by subject--I wouldn't search for clothes in the same place that I search for obituaries. I wonder how branch librarians will use Rollyo. The questions that they receive are so random, that I wonder if they'll be able to come up with a core list.
I guess I'll have to wait and see! After we all finish our 23 Things, I think that it would be cool to share our Rollyo lists. It would be helpful to see what my fellow "Information Experts" are using...

1 comment:
Interesting to see what other people are picking. Good photo. Where did you find it?
Post a Comment