Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22: No More NetLibrary

I've said it before, "I'm a Mac girl." This whole NetLibrary/OverDrive thing is just not a part of my day-to-day life. But since I work in Information Services, I do have a bit of experience. Info. Serv. is responsible for troubleshooting the audiobooks and e-books (mostly Tina, but when she is on one of her many vacations we all chip in).

Hopefully you all know by now that we opted to not renew our contract with NetLibrary. NetLibrary was definitely the more popular of the vendors but wasn't as reliable as we would have liked. Which was tough because there were all of those rumors out there that NetLibrary was in communication with Apple and that iPods would soon be able to join in on the free-audiobook-fun!

As long as customers are prohibited from downloading this stuff in the branches, the popularity of this service will remain low. What if there was a way to have kiosks in the branches that allowed customers to log on to their account and upload material!

That would be awesome...

No comments: