I want to be with this.... but it's just not happening for me.
I would consider myself to be "with it" when it comes to technology. I love new toys (I want an iPhone so bad that I can taste it) but I can't say that my life revolves around them; which is weird because a part of me feels as though it should (this has more to do with their price than anything else)...
For Christmas, I just had to get a Blackberry Pearl; it was all that I wanted, not even my engagement ring would do (I was expecting that for New Year's or maybe Valentine's Day). No...for Christmas I wanted the Pearl! Am I utilizing the Pearl to its fullest potential...nope! But who could? Or better yet, who would want to? I get my email, load my calendar, check out the internet and figure out the tip when the bill comes!
I mention all of this because Del.icio.us requires me to want to be more of a "techie" than I probably ever will. Del.icio.us is supposed to help you get more out of your web activity, supposing that you want to get more out of you web activity. I checked out a bunch of profiles to see how other librarians are using Del.icio.us and I wasn't all that impressed. I really don't see what anyone would get out of tagging all of the different variations of the word library.
I rarely remember to tag. All of the tags that you see in my blog are ones that I went back later to add.
I'm just a novice. If it's fun, if it's free, if it will take me less than 8 minutes to figure out (I admit that 5 is too little but I can't commit to ten...I mean, come on I do have a life), I'll try it out.
I'll never be one of those " the _______ Librarian." All of the cool/creative names are already taken and it's so overdone that it's teetering on lame.

No comments:
Post a Comment